Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Joberg2C MTB Race - 923km's

So Chris, a riding buddy & myself entered a team to participate in a fantastic 9 day MTB stage race starting near Johannesburg & ending in Scottborough on the beach _ Hell Yeah !

Entering was challenging because I had a prior team entry for the same race & when Chris & I tried to sign on, the system threw out our entry because my ID number was already there.

Time was running short, as were entry slots so in desperation I gave Chris my wife's ID number. I was away riding some of the Freedom Challenge race route when I got the following sms from Chris:

"Team Gadget #52 is entered for J2C. Unfortunately you will need to ditch the orange cycling top (that one Fiona was rude about!) and replace with a pink one - your ID picked you up as female! They also queried your name so I changed it to Deidre. Hope u don't mind".

Needless to say the ragging hasn't stopped....

No comments:

Post a Comment